Wednesday, March 5, 2014

DIY Bar with Concrete Countertop (Part Three): Completed Project

Part one is here, and part two is here.

The bar is complete!  I don't have progress photos (again, ugh!) but I will explain the different parts that all came together to create this project.  Here is a photo of the bar when I last posted, right after the counter top had been completed:


And here is the top piece, completed:


Let's break this down.  The wooden top piece is some piece of something that my parents found at an antique store.  I think maybe it was the top part of a buffet?  No clue.  It also was not that color- it was more of a yellow-oaky type.  And there was no shelf.  Basically it was a wooden thing with a mirrored back.  We removed the mirror and painted it to match the bottom cabinets.  We had a glass shelf custom made, and bought wrought iron shelf rest thingies (this is all very technical).  We added some lights and drilled a hole for the cords.  My dad somehow attached the wrought iron wine racks to the top so they won't fall off but I don't exactly know what he did.  Which is pretty much the same for the entire project.  



Boom.  Completed bar, featuring liquor that has been left at our house over the past year or so.  Hooray!  


No comments:

Post a Comment