A Little Background:
I'm Alissa: 27 Maryland resident living with my husband (Scott), cat (Jack), and dog (Abby). Scott and I used to live in Oregon together, but in 2012 we put ourselves and Abby in the car and drove across the country to settle in Maryland, in my home town, actually literally only a couple miles away from the house where I grew up- and where my parents still live. Be sure to ask Scott about that when you get the chance. Better yet, stick around for the almost-certain-to-come blog posts about this.
We moved from an apartment in Oregon into a house in Maryland, and still haven't really gotten the hang of it. We got married in May of 2013 and finally have some time to buckle down and get the living situation taken care of. Preferably without spending much money. I have a lot of creative energy but not a lot of talent or cash, so my projects tend to end up with a "could be better, could be worse" kind of sentiment. But that's part of the fun! I get my pent up energy out in a somewhat productive manner, take photos of it, and then I write about it. Sounds like fun, right?
About the Blog:
On this blog you might find:
- Wedding stuff. Our wedding was a year and the half of planning. I didn't write about it AT ALL. I have a lot of projects that I am really proud of. I also have some post-wedding projects that will be happening. I promise though, it won't be a wedding blog- after all, the wedding is over!
- Some DIY/Crafty stuff. Mostly, I'd guess, of the home decor variety.
- Plans and Dreams. We are thinking we will be in this home for a while. I've already let my imagination go wild with it. There might be the occasional "this is what I'd do if I had a billion dollars isn't it GREAT" post.
- Personal stuff. Hi, I'm a person. I have stuff.
- Photos of Jack and Abby being adorable.
I love photo booths, sunflowers and flamingos. I've been a nail biter since I got teeth, and it's a habit I've been trying to break for just about as long. I've never been able to answer the "ocean or mountian," "city or country," "dog or cat" type questions. I also couldn't tell you my favorite movie or favorite song. My favorite holiday is Halloween for 10 months out of the year. In November and December, my favorite holiday is Christmas. I love to cook, but I'm a picky eater. I love to read and mess around in the garden, and I need to make more time to do both. I got married in the rain, and there was nothing that would have been more fitting. I'm Alissa, spelled with an "i," and welcome to Happiness Unexamined!