- We were in Portland for a wedding that occurred July 5. It was a gorgeous, sweet, emotional wedding, and we were so glad to be able to have been in attendance. We looked really good, too.
- After the wedding, we headed off to Vegas! We went with two of our friends from Oregon, and met a few people there too. Vegas was great, of course. The highlight was seeing Evil Dead the Musical. It was hilarious and perfect.
Grabbing Ash's boomstick
- We went down to Fremont street, which I actually prefer to the strip. It's cheaper, less crowded, and covered so my delicate redheaded complexion won't burn after three seconds outside.
While there, I discovered how absolutely terrifying the cowboy is
when his lights aren't turned on. Yeesh! Nightmare fuel.
- Also, we ate food. We hit some buffets, we snacked, and we discovered the greatest little place on Fremont called Uncle Joe's (go there!).
This pizza had 10 meats on it.
- Meanwhile, back in Maryland, a few things happened. A giant thunderstorm happened and apparently a wind shear (???) swept through our neighborhood and took down a tree in nearly every yard. We lost the majority of our ONE tree!
Noooooo I had so many plans for this shady space!
- Also, I got a NEWWW CAAAAAR! I am very sad to leave my echo. I've had that car since I was 16, it's the car I learned to drive on! It drove me all through Oregon too. But it was time for a change after 12+ years. After much research and finagling, my new car is a Ford Escape! My only requirements were: has air conditioning, is big enough for kids and sports equipment and stuff (I'm planning on keeping this one for another 10 years), has storage space, and mostly- HAS AIR CONDITIONING. Did I mention that I needed my new car to have AC?
Awkward picture is super awkward
Sunflowers at the Bellagio
Dad sent this to me while we were gone. He took away the kiddie pool
and she tried to lay in her bowl instead. Typical.
When I took down my hair from the wedding...