Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nails of the Week- Pink Polka Dots!

I'm a nail-biter.  It's horrible.  I'm really bad about it.  I've been trying to break the habit for years and years, and sometimes I have a streak of great weeks/months... but then it all goes downhill again and I have to start over.  Prior to the wedding, I started getting Shellac manicures every other week.  That helped a TON.  But after the wedding, off went the nails.  I stopped going to the salon, I was "too busy" to do them myself at home, and for me, naked nails= gnawed-on nails.

Now I'm trying to get back in the habit of painting and maintaining my manicures.  Unfortunately, I have to start with my tiny little nubbins.  It's okay though!  I've done lots of manicures in the past that look great on short nails.  

Take, for example, this one.  Polka dots scream summer to me.  Maybe it's the "yellow polka dot bikini" song.  I'm not sure.  But I decided on polka dots for this one, and I think this design is so cute on my short little nails.  




For these, I used my Born Pretty Store Dotting Tool, which was a Christmas gift one year and comes in handy for when I want to make my nails look cute without spending an extra hour on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment