Monday, February 17, 2014

Evolution of a Table

This hand-made table has become a staple of our home.  I knew I wanted a little table to add some "welcome to our home" feelings, but I really didn't know how FUN it would end up being!  Now that we've had a few holidays and seasons with it, I thought I would put together a little photo tour of how it has grown and changed since we've had it.

 

Here's what we had right after it was built.  We hung our canvas portrait- a wedding gift from a photographer friend- and then eventually added the silhouettes we had done in Disney World on our honeymoon.  I found these perfect little baskets to collect keys and other small things.  The yellow vase is hand made and was one of our wedding centerpieces.  The owl and blue/gold vase were clearance buys from Michael's.  And on the bottom of the shelf are my two autographed Neil Gaiman novels- prized possessions!  


This is what the table looked like for Halloween- my favorite holiday (10 months of the year).  Ooo-eee-ooo!  Eventually I will do a master post on my Halloween decorations and you can get some close-ups of what's on there.





Fall!  Handmade pressed-leaf decorations that I couldn't resist showing off, handmade leaf roses, and lots of reds, orange, and yellows.  This was one of my favorites, even though it is so simple.


Unfortunately, I either didn't take or just can't find any photos of the Christmas decorations I did.  It was a technicolor dream, though.  We went with a "merry and bright" theme upstairs, so it really was a bright splash of color as soon as you entered the house.


And here it is, currently.  The regular, everyday look that we have going.  Still displaying some of my leaf projects, a few wedding photos, and the most important thing of all- a candy dish.  Filled with candy.  Nothing says "Welcome to our home" like a fistful of free candy as soon as you enter.





No comments:

Post a Comment