Monday, February 24, 2014

Displaying Wedding Photos

I might have gone a little bit wedding-photo wacky after I got them back from our photographer.  But I mean, really- can you blame me?  I don't know about other couples, but aside from our engagement photos, we have never had great, quality photos of just the two of us.  Believe me, I've looked.  I'm getting tot he point where I'm actively trying to find something- anything- that isn't a wedding photo to fill the empty frames I still have around the house.

But anyway.  The point of this post is not "I have too many wedding photos," but "here are some ideas for how to display them- because believe me, I've tried it all."  Let's break it down:

I have two framed tabletop setups.  One on the console table, and one in my favorite nook.

Yes, that is a pot of dirt.

Sticking with the frame theme, I also have one wedding portrait in the china cabinet along with our cake topper.  This setup will possibly relocate into my curio cabinet- once I locate and purchase said curio cabinet.  For now, I think it looks rather nice in the fancy frame with the fancy dishes- and it makes a sweet parallel to the topper.


Pretty adorable, right?

Buttt of course, frames aren't just for standing.  Oh no.  They are also for hanging on walls.  So.  Here I have a trio of "first dance" portraits.  The middle one has our wedding song lyrics printed as a backdrop.


And then OF COURSE, there's gallery walls.  This one is "mixed media" and has been growing and changing since we moved into the house.  

There's five wedding photos in here.

And then, last but not least- I made a gallery wall that is only wedding photos.  Because I didn't think there were enough displayed around our home to begin with, I needed an entire wall.




But wait, there's more!  What's another great way to display wedding photos without actually displaying them?  Coffee table books!  Or, um... albums.  We had a photobooth at our wedding, and the attendants put a copy of each strip into an album for us, which doubled as our guestbook.  Additionally, I created a wedding photo album with our pro photos.  Together, they sit on the coffee table in the living room (or on a shelf on the end table if I don't want them out).




"But wait, Alissa," you're probably thinking right now, "what did you do with your copies from the photobooth?"  Great question.  Remember this?  Yea you guessed it:



Boom.  And there you have it.  I am extremely vain, and there's proof of it all over my house.  










No comments:

Post a Comment