Tuesday, August 6, 2013

In The Garden: Sunflower Progress


I was kicking myself the whole drive home because it suddenly dawned on me that it is already Tuesday and I have no posts planned for this week!  I was trying to come up with something, when I walked outside with Abby and... MY SUNFLOWERS BLOOMED.  It was a blogging miracle.

The first row of sunflowers have popped open.  They're picture perfect traditional looking sunflowers in miniature.  Golden yellow petals, coffee-brown middles.  They're beautiful.  The second row has buds ready to pop as well, and one of the guys in the back row- well, it's as tall as I am!  So I'm expecting a lot of action in this garden within the next few weeks.  For now, please enjoy the many, MANY photos that I took of this most glorious and happiest of occasions.

The garden.  That tall one in the back- yea, over 5 feet tall.


Abby's prettiest face.

This gal is still working on opening all the way.

Shorties in the front, mammoths in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment