Monday, June 24, 2013

Home Tidbits: Displaying Photo Strips

It's no secret that I love photo booths.  I mentioned it in my about section.  We had a photo booth (a real one, like from the mall) at our wedding.  Every time I see one, we have to climb in.  Photo strips make the best souvenirs.  It's sometimes difficult to get photos of yourself and your friend/significant other/spouse when you're out and about.  Photo booths are cheap, fun, and full of instant gratification.  And, in a digital world where your photos are likely to stay stuck on a phone or computer or Facebook for eternity, it's nice to have a real, physical photo to hold and display.

Which begs the question- how to display them?  Sure, you can buy special frames for them.  But what if you have a whole bunch, or plan to continue collecting for years and years?  I had this problem when we first moved into our house a year ago.  What to do with them?  I settled on something super fast, super easy- and super temporary, if the time comes to change it up.  This method doesn't damage the photos with holes, tape or glue, and it leaves room to grow.  Basically, I just made a clothes line on the wall.  Boom.  Done.





I even included two of the strips we took at our wedding, there on the end.  The originals are tucked away in the guest book on our coffee table- but that's why you get digital copies with your rental!  I printed these out on photo paper and home and you'd never know the difference.

The names are a long-ago project that I completed and then looked at and said "now what?"  They're wooden letters covered with scrapbook paper.  I think they make a nice "frame" for the photo strips.  This is my kind of project.  Fast, easy, cheap.  All you need is yarn/string, thumbtacks, and little clothes pins.  You could use paper clips too, if you wanted, and those can come in fancy colors and shapes.  If you were feeling especially ambitious, you could also paint the wooden clothes pins or decorate them.  But this is mostly a temporary solution in my eyes- my goal is eventually to make something like this.  WOW.  Can't wait.  


No comments:

Post a Comment