Monday, June 10, 2013

Happiness Unexamined

“And I believe happiness is the exact opposite of sadness, bitterness, and hatred: happiness should remain unexamined as long as possible.” 
Stephen King, The Tommyknockers
Yes, I am using a quote from Stephen King, master of horror/suspense/writing in general, as the inspiration of my blog title/life.  That may or may not set the mood for what may or may not come to transpire here one this one-of-trillions blog.  
Welcome to Happiness Unexamined.  My name is Alissa and I’m a 20-something newlywed (as of this writing, the wedding was 3 weeks ago and we haven’t yet even gone on our honeymoon) living in a rural-ish part of Maryland.  Now that the wedding is over and my career is changing (gulp), I am suddenly finding myself with something new.. something I believe people refer to as “free time”?  Which is wonderful news!  We are newlyweds!  We live in a house that has a lot of potential and we will probably be staying here a while!  I have huge dreams and plans, but not a lot of money and not a lot of marketable skills!  
I predict this blog is possibly going to be part catalog of DIY projects (successes and failures.. plenty of failures, I imagine), part dreams for future projects, a smattering of personal stuff, and a ton- a TON of photos of my completely adorable pets.  Jack is the sassy cat, and Abby is the kind of wild, smart but also kind of spastic dog.  Abby has a collection of bandanas.  Jack occasionally wears a tie.  
Here’s hoping you’ll stick around.  And also that I’ll finally keep a schedule.  And maybe clean my house.  Maybe.  Here’s a cute photo of Abby to entice you to return:

No comments:

Post a Comment